1. Cover songs only.*
2. One song (approx. 5 mins) per singer. You may provide unlimited musical support (by invitation) to other performers. Keep intros short.
3. Don't be too ambitious! While we welcome combos and variety, please try to aim high with minimal accompaniment (think voices more than instruments).
4. A piano is available, often with an accompanist.
5. No "sing & scram". Every performer deserves an audience, and HOOT! is designed to be a group effort.
6. You may perform solo, duo, small group, a capella, instrumental - however you see fit. (But re-read Rule #3).
7. KNOW YOUR SONG!
HOOT! is a supportive and forgiving community, but it's taxing for the audience if you take the stage unprepared. Try not to depend on lyric sheets, and REHEARSE, REHEARSE, REHEARSE. You don't need to be perfect but you need to be READY.
8. $10 (or what have you) in the hat for all attendees, performing and non.
*Original songs are occasionally permitted, but must be credited to PAUL ANKA.